Facebook Co-Founder to Launch Non-Profit Social Networking Site – Jumo
Chris Hughes co-founder of Facebook has recently announced to launch Social Networking Site for Non-Profit organizations.
Chris Hughes was deeply touched with January 12, 2010 Haiti Earthquake. Nearly, 2,30,000 lives were lost not because of Earthquake but due to Poverty.
As soon the news of Haiti Earthquake became headlines, people all over the world started donating which ultimately raised $1.3 billion. Out of this amount, $31 million were donated via text message.
Keeping this in mind, Chris Hughes has decided to make the process of helping people in need easier with launch of Social Networking Site Jumo.
Jumo has three main components Find, Follow and Support.
First option, will help you find non-profit organization by knowing things that interest you and by providing required suggestions.
Second, the site will provide with updates related to work done by the non-profit organizations.
Finally, Jumo will help you to support selected Non-Profit organization. The site has a huge Flashy ‘Donate’ button and email calls to action written in capital letters, starting with word “URGENT”.
Members will receive updates via email, Facebook or Mobile.
- Can i install Windows 7 OEM on new Hard Disk of a Dell Laptop ?
- Solution for Overheating issue in Ubuntu 14.04 Laptop
- Android Lollipop Update for Moto G Indian Version Released
- How to chat with Whatsapp Contacts from your Desktop
- KRename App Renames Multiple Files in Ubuntu Linux
- Dropbox Folder Not Found Error in Ubuntu 14.04 after Installation
- Display CPU and Graphics Temperature in Ubuntu 14.04