Apple iPhone 3G Price in India?
The price of Apple iPhone 3G as fixed by Apple Inc is $199 for 8 GB and $299 for 16 GB. This requires two-year AT&T contract for U.S. customers. Unlimited 3G monthly data plans for consumers costs $30, on top of monthly voice plans that start at $40.
Steve Jobs had given reasons for sudden dropping of iPhone price.
Steve Jobs – ‘iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone ‘tent’.
Therefore, if same price prevails in India then in Indian Rupees the price for 8GB iPhone 3G will be Rs.8, 000.
However, the statement from Bharti Airtel CEO Manoj Kohli has disappointed iPhone fans in India. Manoj Kohli said that, there is no question of subsidizing the handset in India because US operators like at&t have fixed 25 cents per minute charge rate for iPhone users. As a result, they are able to subsidize the handsets.
In India, the charge is 2 cents a minute. So it’s difficult for service providers like Bharti Airtel or Vodafone to recover the subsidized amount.
In the absence of subsidy the iPhone may cost somewhere around Rs.21, 000. Even though, this price is similar to the price of competing smart phones from companies like Nokia, which have somewhat similar feature.
It would be nice if the iPhone 3G were available at $199 even in India. This would make iPhone fans like you and me very much satisfied and Happy.
- Can i install Windows 7 OEM on new Hard Disk of a Dell Laptop ?
- Solution for Overheating issue in Ubuntu 14.04 Laptop
- Android Lollipop Update for Moto G Indian Version Released
- How to chat with Whatsapp Contacts from your Desktop
- KRename App Renames Multiple Files in Ubuntu Linux
- Dropbox Folder Not Found Error in Ubuntu 14.04 after Installation
- Display CPU and Graphics Temperature in Ubuntu 14.04