Apple iPhone 3G Price in India?
The price of Apple iPhone 3G as fixed by Apple Inc is $199 for 8 GB and $299 for 16 GB. This requires two-year AT&T contract for U.S. customers. Unlimited 3G monthly data plans for consumers costs $30, on top of monthly voice plans that start at $40.
Steve Jobs had given reasons for sudden dropping of iPhone price.
Steve Jobs – ‘iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone ‘tent’.
Therefore, if same price prevails in India then in Indian Rupees the price for 8GB iPhone 3G will be Rs.8, 000.
However, the statement from Bharti Airtel CEO Manoj Kohli has disappointed iPhone fans in India. Manoj Kohli said that, there is no question of subsidizing the handset in India because US operators like at&t have fixed 25 cents per minute charge rate for iPhone users. As a result, they are able to subsidize the handsets.
In India, the charge is 2 cents a minute. So it’s difficult for service providers like Bharti Airtel or Vodafone to recover the subsidized amount.
In the absence of subsidy the iPhone may cost somewhere around Rs.21, 000. Even though, this price is similar to the price of competing smart phones from companies like Nokia, which have somewhat similar feature.
It would be nice if the iPhone 3G were available at $199 even in India. This would make iPhone fans like you and me very much satisfied and Happy.
- Avira provides protective app for Remote USSD attack in Android
- Motorola Launches Intel based Smartphone Razr i
- Motorola Introduces Three new Android Powered Droid Smartphones
- Change Default Operating System and Timeout Period in Linux
- Backup Twitter Tweets and Create Ebook in PDF Format
- List of Samsung Products to be banned in US by Apple
- Buy Books at Amazon Kindle Store in Rupees