How To use own Domain Name to Host your Feed instead of feeds.feedburner.com
Why to have feeds.feedburner.com as your feed URL, when you can use your own domain name as feed URL.
You might have noticed few of the blogs which have their own domain name as feed URL. Like I have setup my feed URL as feeds.shodan.in/shodan-in
MyBrand is a free service provided by FeedBurner which lets you use your own domain name to host your feed instead of feeds.feedburner.com. It puts you in even greater control of your own content with FeedBurner.
To activate MyBrand you need to follow these easy Steps –
1. Create a CNAME entry in the DNS records for your domain name. Example – (feeds.mydomain.com), your CNAME entry should be: feeds CNAME feeds.feedburner.com. In order to do these changes to your DNS Records you need to have full control over your domain name. If you are not sure check with your domain registrar or web hosting provider.
Note: DNS propagation may take 12 to 24 Hours to come into effect.
After few hours, go to command prompt and type nslookup feeds.mydomain.com. You should get the following result:
2. Login to your FeedBurner Account and click on My Account.
Go to MyBrand Pro, type your feeds.mydomain.com and click on save.
If you have a feed at feeds.feedburner.com/myfeed, it will be available at feeds.mydomain.com/myfeed
- Can i install Windows 7 OEM on new Hard Disk of a Dell Laptop ?
- Solution for Overheating issue in Ubuntu 14.04 Laptop
- Android Lollipop Update for Moto G Indian Version Released
- How to chat with Whatsapp Contacts from your Desktop
- KRename App Renames Multiple Files in Ubuntu Linux
- Dropbox Folder Not Found Error in Ubuntu 14.04 after Installation
- Display CPU and Graphics Temperature in Ubuntu 14.04