Microsoft has officially unveiled Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, and SQL Server 2008
Microsoft launched Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, and SQL Server 2008 at an event in Los Angeles, though Windows Server 2008 won’t be generally available for a few more days and SQL Server for a few more months.
The three new platform launches form the basis for a renewed effort by the software developer to target the large enterprise market, not only with operating systems, but also with client and back office applications.
The new Windows release addresses several major user requirements and issues with Microsoft’s server operating system platform, including toughening up security and authentication options, as well as providing a platform for its new virtualisation technology, Hyper-V.
“The overwhelming response from thousands of IT professionals and developers around the world is that Windows Server 2008 is the most secure enterprise platform we have ever delivered,” said Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer.
A series of 225 ‘Heroes Happen Here’ events designed to sell the new releases to IT professionals will be attended by more than 4,000 people, according to Microsoft.
- Can i install Windows 7 OEM on new Hard Disk of a Dell Laptop ?
- Solution for Overheating issue in Ubuntu 14.04 Laptop
- Android Lollipop Update for Moto G Indian Version Released
- How to chat with Whatsapp Contacts from your Desktop
- KRename App Renames Multiple Files in Ubuntu Linux
- Dropbox Folder Not Found Error in Ubuntu 14.04 after Installation
- Display CPU and Graphics Temperature in Ubuntu 14.04